Welcome to AKC FIT DOG Titles!
The American Kennel Club is committed to improving and maintaining the fitness and health of all dogs and their owners.
AKC FIT DOG titles were designed to provide a structured, individualized fitness plan that you and your dog can do together.
There are 3 levels of AKC fitness titles—Bronze (FITB), Silver (FITS), and Gold (FITG). Each title requires a specific number of activity points to be completed, which varies based on title level.
Bronze – 5 Points Silver – 10 Points Gold – 20 Points
Within each level, there are 6 categories of activities to choose from to earn your points. Detail for each category appear in the Participant Guide.
AKC Fitness Title Categories:
- AKC FIT DOG Course
- Runs (community runs such as a Turkey Trot, Spring Scurry, etc.)
- Walks and hikes (Independent or Group)
- Unique to You and Your Dog (e.g., swimming, Parkour)
- AKC title that is fitness related (e.g., FAST CAT, agility)
- AKC Parent Club Performance Titles (e.g., pack dog, sledding)
For each of the 3 levels of titles, a minimum number of points must be earned in at least 2 categories for the title to be awarded.
AKC FIT DOG titles are noncompetitive, and dog owners may choose different activities to earn titles. Titles will officially launch in January 2023, but we invite you to start participating and recording your activities now to be able to submit your documentation as soon as they launch!
How to Get Started:
- Begin by reviewing the AKC FIT DOG Checklists. Each variation of checklists (Gold, Silver, Bronze) requires various levels of commitment, so it is important to evaluate which level is best suited for you and your dog’s activity level.
- Next, with the checklist in hand, take a look at the Participant Guide and review the program’s rules
- After reviewing the participant guide and checklist. You must now decide which activities you and your dog would like to complete to earn your title. (I.e., FIT DOG Course, Walks, Swimming, etc.)
- Once you have completed your specific activities you can fill out the title forms.
- Submit the 1) Title application, Checklist, and required documentation to https://www.apps.akc.org/title-application-portal/
Get Your AKC FIT DOG titles!
Forms for the titles
- Title Application
- Documentation Form and Walk/Run Form
Have fun! For any questions, contact FITDOG@akc.org