AKC Retriever Events Impacted by COVID19
The AKC Performance Event Department has been processing numerous event cancellations as the COVID19 virus continues to spread throughout the country. Clubs and participants are encouraged to view the main AKC webpage for all the latest AKC information related to the COVID19 pandemic: https://www.akc.org/press-center/covid-19-updates-from-the-american-kennel-club/
To ease some burdens or bring clarity to now commonly experienced situations during these troubling times, retriever clubs should be aware of the following:
- Clubs are reminded to inform the Performance Events Department if they have to cancel their event by calling: 919-816-3908 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any club that notifies the Performance Events Department that their event is cancelled due to the COVID19 virus will automatically retain their corresponding date for 2021 unless the club asks the Performance Events Departments otherwise. This has been implemented since COVID19 cancellations were first received.
- AKC Event Application fees which were paid for a cancelled event will be credited towards the club’s next event of the same type provided the club has notified the AKC Performance Events Department by calling 919-816-3908 or emailing email@example.com.
- All late fees for event applications will be waived through October 31, 2020 in order to provide clubs flexibility in scheduling their events.
- A cancelled event will not count against the total number of events allowed per year.
- If judges are pending on a panel for not having attended a seminar, they will be excused from having to attend one for the next 12 months.
- Clubs at their option can now send copies of their results including their Secretary Report in PDF format and email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Clubs will then be contacted to confirm receipt and handle their event service fees by phone.
The AKC Performance Events Department wants to assist clubs as much as possible during these unprecedented times. Please feel free to reach Performance Events at 919-816-3908 or email@example.com for any questions you may have. We hope you and your club members stay well and keep safe.
Retrievers are one of the most versatile breeds around. Their natural instinct to retrieve (anything) but specifically birds make up their drive to please. They are not only useful for hunters but for families and professionals in many ways. Retrievers can be hunting dogs, great family dogs, arson dogs, bomb detection dogs, drug detection dogs, seeing eye guides, search and rescue dogs and much more. They have such trainability that they literally can be trained to do almost anything. They are driven by their eagerness to please their partner in any way they can. This is one of the biggest reasons they consistently rank on the top of the list of the most desirable breeds to have as a member of your family.