2020 AKC National Obedience Championship
Saturday & Sunday
December 12-13, 2020
Orange County Convention Center
AKC General COVID-19 Protocols (as of October 8, 2020)
An overview of the protocols that must be followed at all AKC Events taking place at the Orange County Convention Center during the week of December 6-14, 2020.
The AKC is maintaining a “Show & Go” event. Therefore, there will be no ringside seating.
See Past Events for all 2019 National Obedience Championship awards and results.
News and Updates:
10/13/2020: Hotel Room Blocks Open on Tuesday October 13th
4/16/2020: Status update regarding the 2020 AKC National Obedience Championship
COVID-19 has certainly turned the world upside down, and in the process our dog sports are being met with many challenges. We find ourselves faced with making decisions about cancelling or postponing AKC events.
2020 AKC NATIONAL OBEDIENCE CHAMPIONSHIP – JUNE 27-28, 2020 – POSTPONED
- This event will be postponed and moved to Friday, December 12-13, 2020
- Where: Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida
AKC NATIONAL OBEDIENCE CHAMPIONSHIP – POSTPONEMENT DETAILS – DECEMBER 12-13, 2020
- A new first-round closing date will be Friday, July 31, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. ET. Handlers of dogs that were invited in the first round, who did not previously enter, will have until this date to submit their entry
- Exhibitors who are currently entered, but wish to cancel their entries must request a refund:
- Closing date for refund requests: Friday, July 31, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- Those exhibitors who previously cancelled their entry will have the option to resubmit the entry via email
- Closing date for resubmission: Friday, July 31, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- You must email NOC@akc.org to confirm you wish to have your original entry resubmitted. Provide your name, your dog’s name and registration # in the email
- The original entry fee was refunded; call AKC at 919-816-3575 to pay the entry fee by credit card over the phone
- If by the closing date the total number of dogs entered is less than 125, a second round of invitations will be sent the first week of August via email
- Closing date for second round entry: Friday, August 21, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- ALL email correspondence regarding the 2020 NOC should be sent to NOC@akc.org
We understand these changes may be disappointing, yet we believe this is the best overall plan moving forward. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the Orlando Dog Training Club (ODTC) for giving up their Friday trial date in December, which allowed us to make these adjustments. ODTC will be hosting RNC/NOC pre-trials on Wednesday, December 9th and Thursday, December 10th. We hope you will support them with your entries
1/27/2020: ENTRY INFORMATION
Invitation Emails will be sent – Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Closing Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. ET
1/17/2020: RV Reservations can be made by contacting the Roberts Centre directly.
Phone: 937-283-3200 or 800-654-7036
2020 AKC National Obedience Championship Announcement:
The AKC is excited to announce the 2020 National Obedience Championship will be returning to Wilmington, OH, on June 27-28, 2020
123 Gano Road
Wilmington, OH 45177