American Kennel Club values educators and the important work they do in the classroom. To assist educators in the classroom, we have created resources for educators. We offer rigorous, standards aligned lesson plans for grades kindergarten through twelve in the subjects of math, social studies, language arts and science. These lessons aim to engage and educate students in the curriculum, while also introducing information about purebred dogs. We also offer professional development articles for teachers, as well as hands-on activities for preschool aged children.
Activities and Resources for Exceptional Learners
Teachers and parents of exceptional learners are always looking for new activities for their students. One of the best way to engage any learner is by pairing learning with something the student finds interesting. What do kids love more than dogs?
AKC Public Education offers many lessons and activities that are ideal for exceptional learners.
Article of the Week
Article of the Week is an excellent resources for teachers. Each article is accompanied by close reading instructions and thought provoking discussion questions.
- Grades K-2 Lesson Plans +
- Grades 3-5 Lesson Plans +
- Grades 6-8 Lesson Plans +
- Grades 9-12 Lesson Plans +
- Lessons for English-Language Learners (ELL) +
- Hands on Activities (Preschool-3rd Grade) +
- Coding in the Classroom
- Easy Ways to Differentiate in Your Classroom Today
- Dogs in the Classroom: The Benefits of Canine Reading Buddies
- Tips for First Year Teachers
- Parent-Teacher Relationships
- Scaffolding in the Classroom: Meeting Student’s Needs
- STEM In Your Classroom
- Dogs in the Classroom: How A Visit Can Benefit Your Students
- Book Studies +
- AKC Character Education Program +