Using the AKC Logo
The American Kennel Club name, symbol and its graphic representations are among our most valuable assets. In order to preserve and strengthen our identity, we have developed a Brand Identity Program, which encompasses all aspects of our visual identity. The basic requirements for how, when and under what circumstances the AKC logotype may be used by AKC clubs are detailed below. For examples or requirements for other uses of the AKC logo, please refer to the link provided below. These guidelines are intended to make all AKC communications more visually consistent and present the AKC brand in the most effective and positive manner.
As an AKC member, licensed or sanctioned Club in good standing, these guidelines outline how you may use the AKC logotype in newsletters and brochures, or in connection with any specific AKC document, such as the monthly AKC Chairman's Report or an AKC press release.
Rules for Club Usage of AKC Logotype from the AKC Logo Manual (pg 3.17- 3.18)
AKC member, licensed or sanctioned clubs in good standing may use the AKC logotype in newsletters, brochures or other printed materials in order to identify the club as AKC-affiliated. Logo presentation must include a description of the club's relationship to the AKC, such as "XX Kennel Club is a Member Club of the American Kennel Club" (or "Licensed" or "Sanctioned" as appropriate) along with the AKC logotype. The AKC logo may be used as a visual enhancement to any reprinted document authored by the AKC, such as the monthly AKC Chairman's Report, Code of Sportsmanship or an AKC press release. However, the logo may NOT be used with any editorial or other content not originally authored by the AKC.
AKC member, licensed or sanctioned clubs are encouraged to use the AKC logotype on their club websites. If the club chooses to do so, they must adhere to specific criteria listed below.
- Club must be AKC member, licensed or sanctioned club in good standing.
- Logotype will be provided by AKC and must be displayed in a manner specified by AKC as outlined in these Guidelines.
- Logo presentation must include club relationship to the AKC. A description of the club's relationship to the AKC, such as "XX Kennel Club is a Member(or "Licensed" or "Sanctioned" as appropriate) club of the AKC" must be included with the AKC logotype.
- Logo/graphic must be linked to AKC Website homepage.
Obtain AKC Logotypes
For use in your materials:
- View or print the full text of the guidelines.