The Companion Events Department is pleased to announce the creation of a $10,000 scholarship fund for students that are active in AKC Companion Events who will be attending an institution of higher education during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Definition of Companion Events:
Agility trials, obedience trials, rally trials and tracking tests.
Definition of a Higher Education Institution:
Vocational school, two-year junior college program, four-year college program, or advanced studies beyond a four-year degree.
- Applicants must be active in AKC Companion Events.
- Applicants must be attending or planning to attend an institution of higher education during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
The Criteria for Awarding AKC Companion Events Scholarships Include:
- Applicant’s degree of involvement in AKC Companion Events. Examples – handler, club member, assistance in hosting events, community involvement in promoting Companion Events.
- Applicant’s higher education goals.
- Applicant’s financial need.
- Applicant’s GPA.
- Extracurricular activities – school, community related, youth organizations (4-H, FFA, Scouts, etc.)
Scholarship recipients by year