Am I Eligible?
To be eligible a dog must be:
- Fully AKC Recognized Breed eligible for Championship points (excludes breeds in FSS status, including those eligible to compete in the Miscellaneous Class)
- Between 4 – 12 months of age on the day of the event.
- Entered in 4-6 Month Beginner Puppy Competition; or
- Entered at a dog show in one of the following classes:
- Bred-by-Exhibitor Puppy
- Puppy 6-9
- Puppy 9-12
|3||5 or more|
Where to earn points
- Points can be earned at 4-6 Month Beginner Puppy competitions
- POA points can be earned from the Puppy, Puppy 6-9, or Puppy 9-12 classes at a dog show.
How to earn a Puppy of Achievement Certificate
- 10 Points from any combination of eligible classes
- Points are based on the number of puppies in competition in that class/sex. At dog shows, no POA points are awarded beyond the class level. At 4-6 Month Beginner Puppy competitions, dogs awarded Best of Breed and Best of Opposite Sex will earn POA points. Additionally, at 4-6 Month Beginner Puppy competitions, POA points will be awarded to those puppies awarded Group 1 & Best in Show in accordance with the Regulations.