You already know that your puppy is the absolute cutest. So why not share his adorableness with the rest of the world? Enter him in an AKC 4-6 Month Beginner Puppy Competition. It’s a relaxed, stress-free way to make your debut in the dog show world. Plus, it gives both of you a fun way to socialize — with other dogs and other dog lovers.
Puppyhood is such an exciting time for you and your pup. It’s when the love you’ll share forever starts. It’s when you begin developing the bond that will make you an inseparable “us.” Participating in an AKC 4-6 Month Beginner Puppy Competition will create unforgettable memories to look back on after those puppy days are long gone and he’s all grown up! Additionally, you and your pup can work towards a Puppy of Achievement certificate or Certificate of Merit in this competition.
To enter, your puppy must be:
- At least four months (but under six months) of age on the day of the event.
- Physically sound and up-to-date on all inoculations and health check-ups.
- Have one of the following:
- An AKC Registration number as one of the more than 175 fully recognized breeds.
- A Foundation Stock Service®(FSS) registration number, which is for breeds on the road to full AKC recognition.
- A foreign registration number as defined in Chapter 11, Section 1 of the Rules Applying to Dog Shows
If you have not already spayed or neutered your puppy, you are eligible to enter this competition.
It couldn’t be easier to prepare for a fun day at an AKC 4-6 Month Beginner Puppy Competition. Just find an event near you and contact the Show Secretary or Superintendent who will send you a “premium list” with all of the important information, including an entry form. Simply complete the form, submit it with your entry fee and get ready for you and your pup to experience some truly special time together.
You’ll meet new people, explore new activities and maybe even snag a blue ribbon to boot. (Or to paw? Sorry. We can’t help ourselves.)
Find An Event
With over 22,000 annual events, there is a sport for you.
- Resources +