You may read our complete face mask policy for attendees below:
Face masks protect yourself and others from the spread of infectious diseases including the Covid-19 virus, according to government sources.
All attendees (ages 2 and up) are required to wear a face mask while on the event grounds. The face mask must be worn so that it that covers your mouth and nose. Please bring your own face masks and wear them at all times.
The use of a face mask is not a substitute for physical distancing. You may remove the face mask while actively eating or drinking, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing. No eating or drinking will be permitted ringside.
All face masks (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least two or more layers of washable (if not disposable), breathable
fabric and not have valves or vents
- If using a disposable mask it should be changed daily and disposed of properly
- Fully cover the nose and mouth
- Fit snugly against the sides of your face and not have gaps
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the attendee to remain hands-free
- If you are using a face shield you must also wear a face mask.
The following are not permitted:
- Neck Gaiters
- Open chin triangle bandanas
- Face masks with valves, vents, mesh material or holes of any kind
To get the most benefits from a face mask:
- Make sure it completely covers your nose and mouth
- Wash your hands before and after removing it. Handle only the loops or ties. Fold outside
- Try not to touch your face when you adjust it throughout the day
- Keep cloth coverings clean by washing daily, or more often if contamination occurs
- Don’t let others wear your face mask
- Keep it away from equipment or machinery that it could get caught in
- If using disposable face masks, do not reuse them, and throw them away in appropriate
- Don’t lay your face mask on any surface that may contaminate either the covering or the
- Don’t use it if it’s damaged or has holes, unless it is the only face mask you have access
As important as they are, face masks are only one source of prevention, all attendees will be required to comply with all AKC COVID-19 Safety Protocols. The AKC COVID-19 Safety Protocols and this Face Mask Policy are subject to change without notice.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in you being asked to leave the event grounds and/or may result in an AKC Event Committee hearing and disciplinary action.