- Ask students the types of behaviors a well-trained dog demonstrates. Write their ideas on the board or another central location.
- Ask students to share why they think it is important for a dog to be well-trained.
- Show students the video about the AKC Canine Good Citizen program.
- Review their ideas from the beginning of the lesson and compare to the types of behaviors they saw in the video.
- Invite a dog trainer to visit and share information about how they train dogs. You can find more information about this in “Inviting Guest Speakers.”
You can download a printable version of this lesson plan HERE.