Attention Georgia Dog Owners
Your action is needed to stop breed-specific legislation in Georgia. Senate Bill 184 would prohibit local governments from enacting laws that apply only to specific breeds or perceived breeds of dogs. SB 184 does not restrict local governments from enacting ordinances that apply to all dogs.
In the next step toward enactment, the bill will be voted on by the Georgia Senate Rules Committee. If it advances in the Rules Committee, it will then be voted on by the entire Senate. If it passes there, it will “cross over” to the Georgia House of Representatives for another round of votes.
HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP THIS IMPORTANT BILL MOVING
Contact your state senator today and respectfully ask him or her to vote YES on Senate Bill 184. Please click here for Senate contact information.
You may also wish to contact members of the Senate Rules Committee, whose votes will determine if the bill advances to the Senate.
Senate Rules Committee Members
- Senator Jeff Mullis, Chairman
- Senator Ross Tolleson, Vice Chairman
- Senator Bill Jackson, Secretary
- Senator Gloria S. Butler, Member
- Senator Bill Heath, Member
- Senator Steve Henson Member
- Senator Jack Hill, Member
- Senator Judson Hill, Member
- Senator Fran Millar, Member
- Senator Butch Miller, Member
- Senator Horacena Tate, Member
- Senator Renee S. Unterman, Member
- Senator Bill Cowsert, Ex-Officio
- Senator Steve Gooch, Ex-Officio
- Senator Hunter Hill, Ex-Officio
- Senator William T. Ligon, Jr., Ex-Officio
- Senator David Shafer, Ex-Officio
- Senator John Wilkinson, Ex-Officio
For questions or more information, please contact AKC Government Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-816-3720.
Your action is needed to stop breed-specific legislation in Georgia.