A good bill that will help protect dogs and dog owners is getting closer to becoming a law in Georgia. This bill would stop cities and counties from enacting breed-specific legislation and breed bans. Your help is needed more than ever to help keep this bill moving!
Senate Bill 184 would prohibit local governments from enacting laws that apply only to specific breeds or perceived breeds of dogs. SB 184 does not restrict local governments from enacting ordinances that apply to all dogs.
Senate Bill 184 will next be voted on by the House Government Affairs Committee. The committee's vote will determine if the bill will advance to be considered by the full House of Representatives; therefore, it is important to contact committee members ASAP and ask them to support the bill.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Immediately contact members of the House Government Affairs Committee and respectfully ask them to vote YES on Senate Bill 184.
- Contact your Representative and other members of the Georgia House of Representatives and respectfully ask them to vote YES on Senate Bill 184. Please click here for contact information.
House Government Affairs Committee
- Rep. Ed Rynders, Chair, (404) 463-2247, email@example.com
- Rep. Buzz Brockway, Vice Chair, (404) 656-0188, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Tyrone Brooks, (404) 656-6372, email@example.com
- Rep. Barry Fleming, (404) 656-0152, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Hugh Floyd, (404) 656-0314, email@example.com
- Rep. Mark Hamilton, (404) 656-5132, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Dustin Hightower, (404) 656-0152, email@example.com
- Rep. Rusty Kidd, (404) 656-0202, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Eddie Lumsden, (404) 656-0325, email@example.com
- Rep. John Meadows, (404) 656-5141, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Howard Mosby, (404) 656-0287, email@example.com
- Rep. Mary Margaret Oliver, (404) 656-0265, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Larry O'Neal, (404) 656-5052, email@example.com
- Rep. Alan Powell, (404) 463-3793, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Jay Powell, (404) 656-7855, email@example.com
- Rep. Tom Taylor, (404) 656-0152, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Darlene K. Taylor, (404) 656-0178, email@example.com
- Rep. Bruce Williamson, (404) 656-0152, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or more information, please contact AKC Government Relations at email@example.com or 919-816-3720.
A good bill that will help protect dogs and dog owners is getting closer to becoming a law in Georgia. Your help is needed more than ever to help keep this bill moving!