AKC cares about keeping your online identity safe. And because we do, we are enhancing security on our sites.
AKC will launch email 2-factor authentication (2FA), a security measure that will add additional safety to your myAKC or AKC Marketplace account. Two-factor authentication is used as a supplement to a digital password that, when used properly, makes it more difficult for a phisher to access a compromised account.
What You Need to Do
Once 2FA is implemented, next time you log in to your myAKC account, you will be prompted to verify your email address. Once your email is verified, you will see a pop-up notification that a code has been sent to the email on file. Finally, you will copy and paste that code into the box provided on the log-in page and you are all set!
Keep Security in Mind
While two-step authentication aids in the enhanced security of your account, you still need to be careful. To ensure the security of your account you should:
- Change your password regularly
- Pay attention to any suspicious emails asking you to click links
- Do not use the same password for different accounts
- Keep your passwords in a safe place
- Clear the cache on your computer
Beware of these Red Flags:
- AKC will never ask for your password; demand payment; threaten to cancel your account; or require payment by wire transfer or cash.
- AKC will never text you a message regarding resetting your account.
If you receive a suspicious message, do not reply or follow links, and do not enter your username or password.
You can read more about phishing and ways to prevent it here.
If you are having issues with email verification or 2-factor authentication please contact Customer Service at 919.233.9767 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always here to help you with any additional questions you may have.