From time to time and at its sole discretion, AKC may grant permission to reproduce sections, stories, articles and/or graphics from the AKC website (hereafter, “AKC Material”) for offline use. Persons seeking to reproduce AKC Material for offline use must obtain prior authorization from AKC as outlined below. If authorization is granted, the user must credit AKC as specified by AKC and display the URL from which the AKC Material was taken on the user's material. Requests to reproduce materials that are not owned by AKC will not be considered. AKC expressly reserves the right to deny any request for any or no reason at all.
AKC does not permit reproduction of AKC Material for online use by others; instead AKC requires that individuals or organizations provide a link to the AKC website under the terms and conditions of AKC's Linking Policy.
- For each request to reproduce AKC Material for offline use, a written request must be submitted via email or mail to email@example.com
- The request shall include:
- the name of the individual and/or organization
- the individual's and/or organization's address, telephone number, email address and URL (if any)
- a description of the proposed use
- a precise description of the AKC Material sought to be reproduced and the URL where it is found
- the number of copies to be produced
- If the request is approved, as determined in AKC's sole discretion, AKC will send written authorization granting permission to reproduce the AKC Material. If AKC is not the owner of the requested material, the requestor shall be so notified.
- AKC shall maintain for its files the written request and the authorization or denial.