- ACE Awards
The AKC Humane Fund Awards for Canine Excellence (ACE)
Accepting ACE nominations through July 31, 2016.
The Awards for Canine Excellence celebrate canine heroes in appreciation for the inspiring ways in which they contribute to our lives. Each year, five loyal, hard-working dogs are commemorated for making significant contributions to an individual or their communities. One award will be given in each of the following five categories:
- Uniformed Service K-9 (Dogs certified to help law enforcement, military or firefighting personnel in their work)
- Search and Rescue Dog (Dogs certified to assist in wilderness and urban tracking, natural disasters, mass casualty events and locating missing people)
- Therapy Dog (Dogs certified to provide affection and comfort to those in need)
- Service Dog (Dogs certified to help those with disabilities)
- Exemplary Companion (Non-certified, household pet)
Each of the ACE recipients will receive:
- An all-expense paid trip to the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship in Orlando, FL in Dec. 2016
- $1,000 to be awarded to a pet-related charity of the winner's choice
- A one-year pet insurance policy from Pet Partners, Inc.
- An engraved sterling silver medallion presented at a special ACE ceremony at the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship
All entrants will receive an AKC Humane Fund ACE Certificate of Recognition in acknowledgement of their nomination. To nominate a dog, click here.
To qualify, the dog must have performed some exemplary act, whether large or seemingly small, that has significantly benefitted a community or individual. Dogs do not have to be AKC registered to be nominated. Anyone can nominate a dog however if not nominated by the dog's owner, the owner will be contacted for official release of the story and image provided by the nominator.