Nicknamed "Beagle with a gym membership," the Harrier is a scent hound that was originally bred to catch hares and fox. From their padded paws to their sturdy build and stamina, this canine possesses all the necessary qualities to shine on the hunting front. Outgoing and friendly, they also make great family pets, but because they need daily exercise, they thrive outdoors. Here are nine reasons the Harrier makes a great nature companion.
1. A wide-open field is their idea of paradise.
2. And so is a riverbank.
3. Same goes for pretty much anywhere outside.
4. They love it so much, in fact, that you shouldn't be surprised if they set up camp.
5. And if they convince you to spend the night, don't worry; you're in good hands. They're not afraid to show who's king of the forest. (With that strong frame, who's gonna stop him?)
6. Their reflexes are ideal, and their endurance allows them to keep it up for extended periods of time without exhausting.
7. If they find something of note, you'll be the first to know--and with their sensitive noses, it won't be long before you do.
8. They take their excursions seriously.
9. But they love it so much, and you'll never have to ask them twice to join you outside.
Want to see your dog featured? Upload your photos and videos here.