October 19, 2021
At their October 2021 meeting the AKC Board voted on the following Regulations:
These temporarily suspended or modified Regulations have been extended for events occurring on or before Thursday, June 30, 2022.
(1) Agility – Two-Judge Requirement to Title – The Board extended the temporary modification for obedience, rally, and agility lower level classes and will allow titles to be earned under a single judge through June 30, 2022.
(2) Agility – The waiver of date and mileage restrictions for judges – The Board extended the temporary modification for obedience, rally and agility judges and waived the date/location restrictions of 30 days and 100 miles for obedience/rally judges; and 30 days and 200 miles for agility judges, allowing them to accept assignments without a conflict through June 30, 2022.
The Board approved a permanent change to the Regulations for Agility Trials effective for agility trials occurring on and after January 1, 2022:
(1) Agility – Exhibitors will continue to be allowed to carry their leashes during their agility runs, i.e., place leashes in their pockets when running the course or wear on themselves (i.e., clip like a belt around the waist) effective for all trials. This temporary modification will be made a permanent part of the Regulations effective January 1, 2022.
June 6, 2021
The AKC Agility Department is excited to announce that the 2022 AKC National Agility Championship will be held at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala, Florida on April 1,2 & 3, 2022. This event will be covered by ESPN and AKC.tv.
Hotel information is not available yet. RV spots are $70 per night for full hook-ups. Reservations can be made at: https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/index.aspx?hotelID=16546
The WEC also has 3-bedroom homes that can be rented nightly “Home 2 Home.” That information can also be found at https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/index.aspx?hotelID=16546 Note this is not located on site but is very close.
July 28, 2020
Temporary Waiving of Two Judge Policy for Titles – Effective July 1, 2020
At the July Board meeting, the AKC Board of Directors approved the waiver of the “two-judge” requirement to earn titles in agility, obedience and rally for the remainder 2020. This change provides exhibitors more opportunities to earn their titles during this time where events are scarcer and in which judges are unable to travel across the country as easily. These changes will apply for the remainder of 2020 and are retroactive to July 1, 2020.
Agility Titles Included:
Novice level NA – NAP – NAJ – NJP – NF – NFP
Open level OA – OAP – OAJ – OJP – OF – OFP
Excellent level AX – AXP – AXJ – AJP – XF – XFP
March 20, 2020
Agility Trial Closing Dates and Judge Replacements
Dear Trial Secretaries, Clubs & Judges:
Due to the ongoing developments regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) the American Kennel Club agility department is extending the use of these two amendments to the Regulations For Agility Trials and Agility Course Test through June 30, 2020.
- Clubs may opt to close a trial up to 7 days prior to the 1st day of the start of the trial. Entries can be accepted later than is currently allowed, which is 14 days. Clubs can move it to 7 days prior. IF the club extends the trial closing date they also have to allow full refund entry fees if someone pulls from the trial prior to that date too.(amendment to Chapter 1, Section 14)
- If a judge needs to be replaced we will waive the 30 day, 200 mile rule and instead treating this time period as an emergency replacement. (amendment to Chapter 1, Section 31).
The decision to extend these changes was made due to the uncertainty of the current situation. We continue to encourage everyone to follow the guidelines of the CDC and World Health Organization to prevent illness.
Please contact me or any of the agility team if we can be of any help.
Thank you for everything you are all doing in this quickly changing environment. We are lucky to have all of you working with us and the exhibitors.