AKC stands for the love of all things dog–which means all dogs are welcome as part of the AKC community, whether your canine is purebred or mixed.
While only purebreds can join the traditional AKC Purebred Registry or AKC Purebred Alternative Listing (PAL) programs, the AKC Canine Partners™ Program allows all mixed and hybrid breed dogs of any age (and their humans!) to celebrate, and strengthen, the bond you share. When you enroll your dog, you’ll gain access to a wide range of activities you can take part in together, including most AKC recognized titles and dog sports:
In fact, the only a few things AKC Canine Partners™ dogs can’t do that AKC Registered Purebreds can is compete in Conformation (what you’d typically think of as a “formal” dog show). In Conformation, purebred dogs are judged against their “breed standard,” which is a set of guidelines for appearance and temperament. Since AKC Canine Partners™ pups are a wonderful mix of many different breeds, there’s really no standard to compare against. Additionally, AKC Canine Partners™ dogs can’t participate in Performance Events, including herding, hunt tests and earthdog, as these are breed-specific activities.
In addition to sports and competitions, you and your AKC Canine Partners™ pup can also become titled as an:
Or earn titles from:
To find training classes and get started in any of these activities, check out our list of AKC Clubs near you.
All AKC Canine Partners™ pups will also receive:
- An Official Certificate that permanently records your dog’s name and place in history, and honors your participation in the AKC Canine Partners™ Program.
- AKC Reunite SM 24/7/365 Lost Pet Recovery Service
- One-year subscription to AKC Family Dog magazine which is published bimonthly and provides information for all dogs on Training and Behavior, Nutrition and Health, Good Grooming and Dogsport 101.
- Complimentary visit with a veterinarian in the AKC Veterinary Network.
- 30 Days of Pet Insurance Coverage for eligible veterinarian expenses.