New York, NY – The American Kennel Club has launched the initial stage of AKC Marketplace, a new platform that will first allow AKC clubs to market and promote themselves directly to dog lovers visiting AKC.org.
Through interactive profile pages, unlimited event listings and email outreach, AKC Marketplace will help clubs attract spectators to their events and recruit new members. Later this year, the platform will expand to include breeders, groomers, veterinarians, trainers, and other dog-related service providers.
“AKC continually looks for new ways to help our clubs grow event entries, membership and spectator attendance,” said Dennis Sprung, President and CEO, AKC. “With the new AKC Marketplace, we’ll be doing just that. This platform will drive millions of engaged dog lovers directly to local clubs’ profile pages, connecting our resource-filled constituency with owners that are looking for training advice or new events to try with their canine best friend.”
Clubs that sign up for AKC Marketplace receive:
- A dedicated club profile page with the capability to host video, images and more
- A trusted AKC.org vanity URL to share when promoting club events
- Unlimited event listings to showcase dog shows, trials, tests, community outreach and more. Events will be included the AKC.org Events section and Breed pages, and targeted to site visitors based on location and interests.
- Show promotion in a weekly AKC newsletter
- Event results promotion on the AKC.org homepage
- Targeted email outreach to new AKC registrants and site visitors in the club’s area to drive membership, entries and new people to events.
- Profile page analytics, technical assistance and customer service support
Clubs can have unlimited use of AKC Marketplace for $99/year by signing up at marketplace.akc.org. Take a tour of the new AKC Marketplace:
The initial stage of AKC Marketplace, a new platform that will allow clubs to market and promote themselves directly to dog lovers, launches today.