New York, NY (January 30, 2014)
The enhanced event schedule and expanded online coverage of the 13th AKC/Eukanuba National Championship (AENC) resulted in greater exposure for the international event than ever, including 3 million views of the live stream – more than double the number of views from 2012 — and attendance of more than 34,000 dog lovers over the weekend.
“We’re pleased to see the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship continue to grow in popularity, with strong support from breeders and exhibitors across the United States as well as dog show enthusiasts from around the world,” said Dennis B. Sprung, AENC Show Chairman and AKC President and CEO. “The entertaining, educational live stream allowed us to make the AENC a truly global event, with viewers from 135 countries tuning in to see the crowning of the next National Champion.”
“This year’s enhanced live streaming and expanded coverage demonstrated increased worldwide interest in the event, with views growing from 1.3 million to 3 million. We delivered more than 127,000 hours of content around the world to viewers interested in the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship and the Eukanuba World Challenge,” said Jason Taylor, Communications Director for P&G Pet Care and Assistant Show Chairman.
The 2013 event, held December 14-15, 2013 at Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center, offered more activities than ever for fanciers and the dog-loving public, including AKC Meet the Breeds® featuring 165 breeds, breeder seminars, the AKC Agility Invitational and the new AKC Obedience Classic, with the AKC National Owner-Handled Series Finals and a day of specialties kicking off the weekend on Friday.
2013 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship By the Numbers:
- 3 million views in 2013 vs. 1.3 million views in 2012.
- More than 127,000 hours of content served to 135 countries
- 30% of live stream views came from outside the US. The top 10 countries tuning in were the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK, Russia, Japan, Mexico, Germany, France and South Korea.
- More than 34,000 people filled the one million square foot Convention Center floor over the weekend.
- 30 million impressions on #CelebrateDogs hashtag on Twitter vs. 22 million impressions in 2012
- 1.7 million views of the new LookShare technology, a new functionality offered for the first time during the 2013 live streaming. Lookshare offers photos to viewers in real-time.
- 466 million media impressions, a 60% increase over the 292 million impressions in 2012.
- Major placements on CBS Sunday Morning, Business Week and local coverage in the Orlando Sentinel. News of the show appeared in publications as far away as Honolulu, Hawaii in the United States and as far away as Moscow globally.
AKC Meet the Breeds®:
- 165 Parent Clubs participated
Full coverage of the show is available on the AKC website.
New York, NY (January 30, 2014) The enhanced event schedule and expanded online coverage of…