Real Estate Committee Members Named By AKC Director Ronald H. Menaker
New York, NY – At the March 2014 meeting of the American Kennel Club® (AKC®) Board of Directors, Alan Kalter, Chairman, appointed Ronald H. Menaker to lead a Real Estate Committee. The Committee will evaluate all options for AKC’s office or offices well before the New York and North Carolina office leases expire in 2019 and 2020, respectively.
“As Chair of the Real Estate Committee, I’ve appointed a number of members that will work together to bring forth a recommendation for the organization’s future location to the Board of Directors,” said Mr. Menaker. “The Committee is proactively exploring every possibility so that we’ll have exercised all due diligence and can present the best idea.”
The following Committee members have been appointed by Mr. Menaker.
- Feltenstein is a Retired Partner at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, where she was active in all aspects of the firm’s real estate practice, including real estate development, acquisitions, leasing, joint ventures, financing, public and private offerings of real estate securities, and commercial mortgage securitization. She represented The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the privatization/ground leasing of The World Trade Center to Larry Silverstein. Feltenstein serves as the President and Delegate of the American Tibetan Mastiff Association and owns and exhibits multiple Tibetan Mastiffs, Tibetan Spaniels and Finnish Lapphunds.
- Helming had a 38-year career with the Public Service Enterprise Group in New Jersey, holding a number of senior management positions in various operational facets of the business until his retirement in 2007. He is presently the Delegate for the Newfoundland Club of America. Helming has served as a Show Chair and Cluster Chair and has extensive experience in planning, organizing and executing the logistical aspects of dog shows held by the Somerset Hills, Westchester and Morris & Essex Kennel Clubs and the Newfoundland Club of America. He breeds Newfoundlands, Portuguese Water Dogs and Norwich Terriers with his wife, Peggy, under the Pouch Cove prefix.
- Lorber is Chairman of Douglas Elliman Ltd., one of the largest real estate brokerage companies in the country; Chief Executive of Vector Group Ltd., which has numerous investments in real estate throughout the country; and Chairman of Nathan’s Famous. He co-owns a number of English Springer Spaniels in partnership with Capulet English Springer Spaniels.
Thomas L. “Tommy” Millner
- Millner is the Chief Executive Officer and President of Cabela's (NYSE:CAB), a leading specialty retailer of hunting, fishing and camping gear. He serves as a director of BestBuy (NYSE:BBY), a director of the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals and has served as a Trustee of Take the Lead. He and his wife Merry Jeanne have bred and exhibited Briards under the kennel prefix Sendero for over twenty years.
- Wooding has over 40 years of sales/marketing and senior management experience in the corporate and entrepreneurial arenas. He currently serves on the AKC Board of Directors as Delegate from the Westminster Kennel Club and is a breeder and exhibitor of English Setters.
In addition to the members above, Richard Speciale (Aequitas LLC), who assisted AKC with the relocations to Arco Corporate Drive in North Carolina and 260 Madison Avenue in New York, will consult with the committee. Alan Kalter, AKC Chairman of the Board, and Dennis B. Sprung, AKC President and CEO, will serve as ex-officio members.