Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
This merry breed is set apart from other terriers by a soft, silky, gently waving coat, of warm wheaten color, much like the color of ripening wheat.They maintain their youthful vigor well into old age. Topping out at 19 inches and 40 pounds, this sturdy, square soft-coated working terrier is happiest with their families and must be raised with a gentle but firm hand.
- Personality: Happy, friendly, and deeply devoted; just stubborn enough to remind you they’re terriers
- Energy Level: Somewhat Active; exuberant and fun-loving, but not as scrappy as the typical terrier. Happy Wheatens jump (the Wheaten Greeting!).
- Good with Children: Better with Supervision and for Children Over Seven Years of Age
- Good with other Dogs: With Supervision
- Shedding: Non-Shedding
- Grooming: Brushing/Combing - twice/week; Bath and Haircut - every four weeks
- Trainability: Eager to Please
- Height: 18-19 inches (male), 17-18 inches (female)
- Weight: 35-40 pounds (male), 30-35 pounds (female)
- Life Expectancy: 12-14 years
- Barking Level: Barks When Necessary