The Poodle, though often equated to the beauty with no brains, is exceptionally smart, active and excels in obedience training. The breed comes in three size varieties, which may contribute to why Poodle is one of the most popular breeds according to AKC® Registration statistics. Poodles can be a variety of solid colors, including white, black, apricot and gray, but never parti-colored.
- Personality: Proud, active and very smart.
- Energy Level: Very Active; Poodles are enthusiastic walkers, runners, and swimmers. They're eager for all kinds of activity, and they enjoy keeping busy.
- Good with Children: Yes
- Good with other Dogs: With Supervision
- Shedding: Infrequent, Hypoallergenic
- Grooming: Daily
- Trainability: Eager To Please
- Height: 10 inches & under (toy), 10-15 inches (miniature), over 15 inches (standard)
- Weight: 4-6 pounds (toy), 10-15 pounds (miniature), 60-70 pounds (male standard), 40-50 pounds (female standard)
- Life Expectancy: 10-18 years
- Barking Level: Barks When Necessary