The Chinese Crested is an alert dog that enjoys human companionship. They are funny little dogs that like to please their owners, and upon finding something that amuses you, are likely to do it again to get your attention. Chinese Cresteds are said to be “cat-like” and enjoy sitting in high places, the back of a couch or arm of a chair. Their activity level is medium to high but they enjoy quiet times with their family and adjust well to apartment living.
Chinese Cresteds learn quickly and do well in various performance activities such as Agility, Obedience, Fly Ball, and Lure Coursing.
The Hairless will require a little attention to make sure it is not sun-burned or exposed to the cold. The Powderpuff can be kept in full coat with a little brushing every day or clipped for an easy care companion. Both varieties are loyal and entertaining.
- Personality: Lively, alert, and affectionate.
- Energy Level: Somewhat Active; Slim and graceful, Cresteds enjoy brisk walks; their favorite indoor exercise is following their humans from room to room.
- Good with Children: Better with Supervision
- Good with other Dogs: With Supervision
- Shedding: Infrequent, Hypoallergenic
- Grooming: Weekly
- Trainability: Responds Well
- Height: 11-13 inches
- Weight: 8-12 pounds
- Life Expectancy: 13-18 years
- Barking Level: Barks When Necessary