This past weekend, thousands of dogs and dog lovers descended on Orlando, Florida for the 2015 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship at the Orange County Convention Center. Here are a few highlights:
- New world records were set during the Elite Finals of Dock Diving. The winning jump was 30 feet 7 inches by a Labrador Retriever named Storie. See the full results and watch Storie's record-breaking jump:
- Three individuals were recognized for making outstanding contributions to the sport of purebred dogs with AKC Lifetime Achievement Award. The recipients were Patti L. Strand, John Cox, and John Russell.
- The amazingly decorated Chihuahua booth took the AKC Meet the Breeds® Best Booth in Show.
- Five dogs and their handlers were named winners of the 2015 AKC Agility Invitational. See the list of winner's for each height division here and watch the finals:
- Five AKC Award For Canine Excellence winners were honored during the National Championship. See ACE winner George and his owner Bella accept their award:
(See all the ACE winners accept their awards at live.eukanuba.com)
- John Buddie of Tartanside Collies was named 2015 AKC Breeder of The Year.
- GCH Vjk-Myst Garbonita's California Journey, a German Shorthaired Pointer also known as "CJ," and his breeder-handler Valerie Nunes-Atkinson took the Best Bred-By Exhibitor in Show. CJ was very proud of his accomplishment:
- The crowning of a new National Champion. GCH Lockenhaus' Rumor Has It V Kenlyn, a German Shepherd was named Best In Show after a tough competition with more than 4,000 dogs. Read more about the Reserve Best In Show and the group winners here.