Handle — to have responsibility for, to direct, to manage
Advise — to recommend or suggest
Notify — to inform, to make known
Dedicate — to commit to a particular course
Lead — to show the way by setting an example
Educate — to provide training for a specific purpose
Render — to give what is due or correct
To be assured that your dog is being cared for by a true professional familiarize yourself with the following criteria as set forth by the American Kennel Club:
- Safety, security, and well-being of the dogs is to be placed above all other business considerations.
- Supervision of dogs by competent, conscientious personnel who are capable of responding appropriately, particularly in emergency situations.
- Facilities of proper size and adequate ventilation to accommodate the breeds being cared for at home and at the shows.
- Appropriate precautions taken to provide all the dogs in their care with proper temperatures for any and all conditions they may encounter.
- Adequate and proper diet, clean dishes, fresh water and a sanitary environment.
- Owner-provided or veterinary-prescribed medications to be administered in accordance with instructions.
- Breed specific knowledge concerning the breeds they show — such as: standard for the breed, special care, conditioning and presentation.
- Business relationships conducted with clients in a fair and honest manner based on a published rate schedule and handler/client agreement.
- Courteous verbal interchanges and a professional appearance are essential.
- Sportsmanlike behavior with clients, judges, exhibitors, fellow handlers and assistants.
- Willingness to communicate on a regular basis with clients concerning their dog’s performance, behavior and general health.
To request an application, e-mail email@example.com or call 919-816-3884.
You may also write to:
American Kennel Club
Attn: Handlers Department
8051 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27617-3390