- The AKC Vetline service is provided by The Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall LLC. Confirmation of enrollment in the Pet Poison Helpline benefit through AKC required. The Pet Poison Helpline is a third party and AKC is not responsible for its services or programs. Offer is subject to change and can be modified or discontinued at any time.
- Please note that Pet Poison Helpline staff cannot prescribe or recommend medications, diagnose diseases, provide “second opinions”, or provide any other medical advice that necessitates a corresponding physical exam and/or legal veterinary-client-patient relationship. They will be able to field questions surrounding triage of an ill animal to help the pet owner determine if the pet needs immediate veterinary intervention. Additionally, they will be able to answer questions regarding general health, parasite prevention, illness and injury, poison issues, and nutrition.
- Access will be by toll free telephone number from calls originating in the United States. You may incur charges when called from a cell phone; please contact your provider for more details.
- You must be at least 18 years old to subscribe to the service.
- Customers who are not satisfied with the service can receive a full refund within thirty (30) days of purchase. After which time no refunds will be granted. Please note that refunds will only be granted to customers who have not used the service within the thirty (30) day span.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AKC MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. AKC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE. AKC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. AKC DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THIS SITE, SERVICE OR CONTENT BETWEEN THE AKC AND YOURSELF OR AS TO THE CONSTRUCTION, INTERPRETATION AND EFFECT OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SETTLED BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. HOWEVER, PRIOR TO ARBITRATION ALL APPLICABLE AKC BYLAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES MUST FIRST BE FOLLOWED AS SET FORTH IN THE AKC CHARTER AND BYLAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS, PUBLISHED POLICIES AND GUIDELINES.
Dated: March 25, 2019