The Colorado Governor has signed a bill that provides monetary incentives for certain large events held in the state between July 2, 2021 and December 31, 2022, in order to encourage organizations to host meetings and events in Colorado.
This program may be of interest to clubs organizing national specialties or other large multi-day shows in Colorado over the next 18 months.
To qualify for the program, the event organizer, host, or planner (or show chair) must submit an online application to the Colorado Tourism Office (CTO) that demonstrates the event will meet the following criteria:
- Take place in Colorado between July 1, 2021, and December 31, 2022,
- Be a new Colorado meeting or event that will take place in Colorado,
- Be a previously booked meeting or event taking place in Colorado prior to December 31, 2022, that is at risk of being canceled, postponed, or relocated to other states,
- Generate at least 25 paid overnight stays in a motel, hotel, vacation rental, or other lodging establishments,
- Have total eligible hard costs at or above $35,000, and
- Meet any additional criteria established by the CTO.
Applications must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the event. However, events taking place between July 1 and September 15, 2021 may submit applications for up to 21 days after the event is held.
Details on the program, contact information for questions, and the online application may be found at: https://www.destinationcolorado.com/coloradomeetingincentive/