There is a world of information out there about dogs and breeders, and it can be intimidating and scary to potential puppy buyers.
How do you make sense of all the information? How can you be sure that you find a reputable breeder of healthy, well-adjusted pure-bred puppies? Or maybe an adult dog is the best choice for you — how do you choose the right adult dog?
AKC’s PuppyVisor service is here to help. Not only can AKC PuppyVisor advisers help you find the right puppy, but it can also help you find the ideal adult dog through AKC’s Rescue Network or breed clubs.
What is AKC PuppyVisor?
Our knowledgeable advisers at AKC PuppyVisor have more than 100 years of combined experience in purebred dogs, and their goal is to help you find the best fit for your lifestyle and personality.
There are nearly 200 AKC recognized breeds from which to choose. This means that there is the right dog for everyone, but finding the perfect breed can be difficult!
Most people are familiar with just a handful of popular breeds. The PuppyVisor staff can provide information on many breeds that you may not be familiar with — that means more choices as you decide on your next family member.
Most importantly, the PuppyVisor advisers will help you find breeders, tell you what to ask of them, and prepare you for what breeders may ask of you. Once you chose a breeder and puppy, the PuppyVisor advisers will help you prepare for bringing your new family member home.
What does PuppyVisor include?
For a one-time PuppyVisor fee of $249, you receive:
- Unlimited live telephone support with breed advisers
- Breed & Breeder selection assistance (to help you find the right match)
- Breeder screening coaching (learn what to ask and what breeders may ask of you)
- Pre-puppy preparation guidance (we’ll get you ready)
- AKC GoodDog! Helpline lifetime access ($99 value) – support from dog trainers
- AKC Vetline lifetime access ($99 value) – access to pet-care professionals
To learn more about this program and to sign up, visit the AKC PuppyVisor