The AKC Bred with H.E.A.R.T. program, which promotes excellence in breeding through education and health testing, just celebrated the fifth year of existence. H.E.A.R.T stands for Health, Education, Accountability, Responsibility, and Tradition.
Bred with H.E.A.R.T. Program Now Free
In order make the program available to all breeders, the American Kennel Club has removed the enrollment fee for breeders who apply [https://www.apps.akc.org/general/bwh/auth/login] and are approved. Breeders must meet specific health testing standards and participate in continuing education.
Additional Bred with H.E.A.R.T. requirements include:
- Have registered at least one AKC litter within the past five years
- Be in good standing with the AKC
- Must agree to comply with the AKC Care and Conditions Policy, including inspection(s) by the American Kennel Club or its duly authorized representative
- Must agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding the ownership and maintenance of dogs
Bred with H.E.A.R.T. Benefits
- Downloadable certificate for display
- Use of the Bred with H.E.A.R.T. logo on AKC dog registration applications
- Breed-specific web banners for your own website or social media
- Litter registration discount
- $35 in annual credit for online reports
- Favorable positioning within AKC Marketplace
Learn more about the AKC Bred with H.E.A.R.T. [https://www.akc.org/breeder-programs/akc-bred-with-heart-program/] program and apply today [https://www.apps.akc.org/general/bwh/auth/login].
In addition to access from the AKC website, you can now reach the Bred with H.E.A.R.T. application directly from the AKC Breeder Toolkit [https://www.apps.akc.org/breeder-toolkit/welcome]!
If you need assistance with renewing or applying for membership, please contact AKC Customer service at 919-233-9767.