The Performance Events Department is pleased to announce the creation of a $10,000 scholarship fund for students that are active in AKC Performance Events who will be attending an institution of higher education during the 2023-2024 academic year.
Definition of Performance Events:
Field trials, hunting tests, lure coursing, earthdogs, coonhound events, herding, scent work, and any Parent Club administered performance event that has been recognized by the AKC as part of the AKC Performance Events Title Recognition Program.
Definition of a Higher Education Institution:
Vocational school, two-year junior college program, four-year college program, or advanced studies beyond a four-year degree.
- Applicants must be active in AKC Performance Events.
- Applicants must be attending or planning to attend an institution of higher education during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must be a current or past Junior.
The Criteria for Awarding AKC Performance Events Scholarships Include:
- Applicant’s degree of involvement in AKC Performance Events. Examples – handler, club member, assistance in hosting events, community involvement in promoting Performance Events.
- Applicant’s higher education goals. (vocational/college)
- Applicant’s financial need.
- Applicant’s GPA.
- Extracurricular activities – school, community related, youth organizations (4-H, FFA, Scouts, etc.)
Apply for AKC Performance Events Scholarship here.
New AKC Performance Scholarship Program Announced! – Jan 2020