The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible to become an AKC Agility Judge:**
- A minimum of 5 years experience competing in AKC agility.
- Earned an AKC MX or MXP title, an MXJ or MJP title and a NF or NFP title
- Worked as a timer, scribe, and course builder at a Licensed AKC Agility Trial.
- Worked with a judge confirming scribe sheets to the marked catalog results at a Licensed AKC Agility Trial.
- Must pass an open book Pre-Test prior to being accepted to participate in the AKC Agility Judges Seminar.
- Attend a 3-day AKC Agility Judges Seminar and pass the required tests given.
- Be in good standing with the American Kennel Club and must be 21 years of age or older.
- Once all requirements are met to become an AKC Agility Judge, approval for Novice Standard, Novice Jumpers with Weaves, Open Standard, Open Jumpers with Weaves, Novice FAST, Open FAST and Time 2 Beat will be granted.
For approval to judge at the Provisional Excellent level, the candidate must:
- Complete a minimum of two successful Novice/Open supervisions by an AKC Agility Field Representative.
- Demonstrate the ability to design courses at the Novice and Open levels and submit them on time.
Full approval to judge all levels requires:
- Complete a minimum of two successful Excellent/Master supervisions by an AKC Agility Field Representative.
- Demonstrate the ability to design Excellent/Master level courses and submit them on time.
To Retain Fully Approved status:
- Judges are required to complete a judge’s continuing education seminar once every three years
All judges (regardless of their level of certification), are bound by the responsibilities, protocol and procedures outlined in the AKC Agility Judges Guidelines. Failure to comply to these guidelines will result in disciplinary action as outlined. The AKC Agility Director’s decision in all matters will be final.