Opportunity to Pet and Play with Thousands of Rare Dog & Cat Breeds – Tickets On Sale Now at www.MeetTheBreeds.com
Ever meet a Xoloitzcuintli? How about a Sphynx without having to go to Egypt? This October, New Yorkers will get the opportunity to meet these rare dog and cat breeds face-to-face along with more than 200 other breeds of dogs and cats when the American Kennel Club (AKC) and The International Cat Association (TICA) host the fourth annual AKC Meet the Breeds event at the Javits Center October 20 & 21. Tickets are on sale now at www.MeetTheBreeds.com.
Sponsored by leading pet healthcare insurance provider, PetPartners, Inc., AKC Meet the Breeds is a unique event that gives the public the opportunity to meet and interact with amazing dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes. Attendees can also approach experienced breeders and owners with questions about how these dogs and cats can be expected to act as family pets.
“Educating the public about the predictable qualities and needs of each breed is the major motivating factor for holding this event each year,” said AKC Meet the Breeds Spokesperson Gina DiNardo. “Too many people acquire pets the same way they go on blind dates, with not a lot of information and a lot of foggy hopes. AKC Meet the Breeds allows individuals to literally ‘meet’ hundreds of dogs and cats in one afternoon to help them better learn which breed should become a lifelong member of their family.”
“At AKC Meet the Breeds New Yorkers can step into the jungle and play with a Bengal cat or pet a 200 pound Mastiff dog in a Medieval castle, and when you’re done meeting the breed, you can talk with experts about what owning that pet is really like,” said TICA President Vickie Fisher.
In addition to meeting more than 200 dog and cat breeds, AKC Meet the Breeds will feature the following:
- Ongoing demonstrations will allow spectators to watch dogs and cats race against the clock in the fast-paced sport of agility, Frisbee Disc Dogs and reenactments of U.S. Customs and Border Protection searches, so you know exactly why that Beagle is sniffing your luggage at the airport.
- Kitty CAToure – Fashion week will never be the same after cats take center stage to show off the hottest trends by Meow-Wear fashion designer Carla Reiss.
- Top experts in every pet-related field including training, grooming, nutrition and first aid. Get to know some of the cat and dog specialists who will be available to answer your questions and help you identify the best breed for your lifestyle.
- More than 100 vendors selling every imaginable dog and cat product just in time to spoil your favorite Fido or Fluffy before the holidays.
- Fun activities for kids and pet-related giveaways at vendor booths.
Get your tickets now at www.MeetTheBreeds.com. Advanced tickets are $15 adult/$10 kids.