World’s Largest Gathering of Cats & Dogs to be Held October 16-17, 2010 at the Javits Center
Attention all pet lovers, it will be raining cats and dogs once again this October when the American Kennel Club® (AKC) and the Cat Fanciers’ Association® (CFA) return to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City on October 16th & 17th to host this year’s second annual Meet the Breeds.™
Sponsored by PetPartners, Inc. a leading pet healthcare provider, Meet the Breeds is the world’s largest showcase of cats and dogs and offers pet lovers a unique opportunity to play with some of the country’s rarest dog and cat breeds while educating themselves about responsible pet ownership and choosing the right pet for their lifestyle.
“Meet the Breeds is an entertaining way for friends and families to enjoy quality time together while learning how to become responsible pet owners,” said Meet the Breeds Spokesperson and AKC Assistant Vice President Gina DiNardo. Giant Mastiffs in a Medieval castle, Siamese cats depicting a scene from Lady and the Tramp, Norwegian Elkhounds on a Viking ship, and Russian Blue cats set in an Imperial Palace are just some of the more than 200 dog and cat booths that were at last year’s event.”
“We are pleased to join forces with the AKC again this year to co-present Meet the Breeds,” said CFA Director of Marketing & Public Relations Roeann Fulkerson. “This event is a great opportunity for animal lovers all over the tri-state area to play with cats and dogs they had never seen before while learning more about the pets that share our lives.”
Tickets are on sale now at www.meetthebreeds.com. Each ticket will offer access to:
- More than 200 dog and cat breed booths individually decorated that allow doggie devotees and feline fans to interact with dogs, cats, puppies and kittens and learn about their history and unique attributes directly from the experts.
- Top experts in every pet-related field including breeding, training, grooming, nutrition and first aid. Get to know some of the cat and dog specialists who will be available to answer your questions and help you identify the best breed for you.
- More than 100 vendors selling unique dog and cat items so you can spoil your favorite Fido or Fluffy. Every imaginable canine and feline product will be available.
- Demonstration rings allow attendees to watch dogs and cats race against the clock in the fast-paced sport of Agility, see dogs show off their Rally, Flyball, and Frisbee skills, observe simulated hunting tests and view law enforcement K9s in action.
- Games and giveaways at vendor booths including free samples and a wii pet agility game for kids, among other activities.
Last year’s event hosted a few “boldface names” including fashion designer Michael Kors and famed columnist Cindy Adams who brought along her dogs Jazzy and Juicy to greet the huge crowds at the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America booth. Whoopi Goldberg, co-host of “The View” and Mario Lopez, host of “Extra” also attended to tape segments for their respective programs.