Canine Extravaganza, the nation’s largest celebration of dogs, returns to Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center’s North/South Building this December 15th and 16th with exciting elements for all dog lovers.
Presented by the American Kennel Club® (AKC) and Royal Canin, this two-day event takes place on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., with plenty of fun events and thousands of dogs for the whole family to enjoy:
- Meet and play with over 100 dog breeds at AKC Meet the Breeds®. This interactive, educational showcase helps individuals learn which breeds are best for their lifestyle straight from the experts themselves.
- Returning this year is the extremely popular North American Diving Dogs competition, where canine athletes will show off their competitive water diving skills.
- See exciting demonstrations throughout the day such as AKC Trick Dog and much more!
- Shop one of the largest collections of specialized vendors at the Doggie Boutique mall and pick up unique gifts for your favorite dog lover or pet just in time for the holidays.
- Scouts and 4-H groups can participate in the AKC Patch program where they will have tons of fun and learn about dog shows.
- Visit the This is AKC lounge to meet our Dogvisor and find your breed match, do fun quizzes, learn about the AKC and shop for your canine best friend.
Canine Extravaganza is home to one of the world’s premiere dog shows, the 2018 AKC National Championship presented by Royal Canin, where thousands of the nation’s top canine competitors will vie for the coveted Best in Show honor and the highest cash prize offered at any AKC Dog Show. Other event highlights include the AKC Agility Invitational, the AKC Obedience Classic, the National Owner-Handled Series finals, and Juniors competition in Conformation, Agility, Obedience and Rally®.
For those who can’t attend in person, extensive daytime and evening event coverage will be on akc.tv. AKC.TV is available on Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV.