The 4th Annual Awards for Canine Excellence
Know of A Kind or Courageous Canine? Show Your Appreciation to that Heroic Hound, Valiant Vizsla, Brave Beagle or Selfless Spaniel with an ACE Nomination
The American Kennel Club is now taking entries for its 2003 Awards for Canine Excellence (ACE).
The AKC ACE Awards are designed to recognize dogs that have performed some exemplary act, whether large or seemingly small, that has significantly benefited a community or individual. One award will be given in each of the following five categories: law enforcement, search and rescue, therapy, service/assistance, and exemplary companion dog. When appropriate, dogs earning honorable mention will be cited.
Each of the five honorees will receive a cash award of $1,000, an engraved sterling silver collar medallion and an all-expenses-paid trip for dog and owner to Long Beach, CA, to attend and be honored at the AKC/Eukanuba National Invitational Championship in December 2003. In addition, the engraved names of the five recipients will be added to the ACE Awards plaque that is on permanent display in the AKC Library in New York City.
Anyone, including the dog owner, is permitted to submit a nomination. All submissions for The American Kennel Club Awards for Canine Excellence for the year 2003 must include the following:
- A non-returnable, original photograph of the dog. A close head or close full body shot is preferred. (Print the owner's last name and dog's call name on the back of the photo.) Sorry, but we cannot accept scanned images.
- A 500-word-or-less description of how the dog has demonstrated excellence.
- Dog's call name, registered name, breed, age and sex.
- Owner's name, addresses and phone number. E-mail address if available.
- Nominator's name, addresses and phone number. E-mail address if available.
Please note that to be considered, dogs must be AKC registered or registrable.
Nominations will be accepted until June 30, 2003 and may be sent to:
Ronald N. Rella: ACE Awards 2003
The American Kennel Club
260 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, New York 10016
NOTE: To see television coverage of the ceremony honoring the five winners of 2002 ACE awards, watch the AKC/Eukanuba National Invitational Championship telecast on Animal Planet, January 25, 2003, from 8-11 p.m. (ET).