A full crowd at Madison Square Garden watched as seven incredible canines stood in front of the 2018 Westminster Kennel Club Best in Show judge, Mrs. Betty-Anne Stenmark, on Feb. 13.
As Stenmark pointed at Flynn, the Bichon Frise, his owners went wild in the stands. After competing against 11 other Bichons, Flynn won Best of Breed on Feb. 12 and then took the Non-Sporting Group at the nighttime competition. Now, he’s the 142nd Westminster Kennel Club Best in Show winner.
— MSG (@TheGarden) February 14, 2018
But who is this adorable ball of fluff? Check out these fun facts about Flynn.
- Flynn is a five-year-old Bichon Frise from Michigan. He was handled by Bill McFadden, who also handled 2003 Best in Show winner, Mick the Kerry Blue Terrier.
- Flynn is only the second Bichon to win Best in Show at Westminster. The first, J.R., won the title in 2001. In fact, according to handler McFadden, Flynn is related to J.R.
- Flynn’s full name is GCHP CH Belle Creek’s All I Care About Is Love and he is owned by Patrina and Bruce Odette, Lindsay Van Keuren, Lorrie Carlton, and L Letsche DVM.
- According to Belle Creek Bichons, Flynn is the number one Non-Sporting dog in the U.S.
- Flynn was named Reserve Best in Show at the 2016 AKC National Championship.
- After being crowned top dog, McFadden said “I’d have to ask the owners, but I’m pretty sure I can drop the mic and say he’s retired.”
- McFadden also said Flynn’s favorite things are belly rubs and rolling in the snow.
- Flynn eats Purina® Pro Plan® Sport 30/20 Salmon & Rice formula. 11 of the last 12 Westminster winners have been Purina® Pro Plan® dogs.
What did you think of Flynn’s big win? Interested in learning more about the playful, curious, and peppy Bichon Frise? Learn all about these adorable pups here.
Sponsored by Purina® Pro Plan®.