An affectionate, spritely sporting dog, Brittanys are active, outdoorsy, and adventurous. Named for the province of France where the breed originated, this gundog is known for its keen hunting ability and its undying stamina.
If you are lucky enough to have an upbeat Brittany as a furry family member, you know these ten things to be true.
1. They're probably too smart for their own good. Although obedient, a Brittany wants to know what’s in it for her. So much sass.
2. If a bush moves, your Brittany will catch the culprit! They are true hunters, whether it's a bird, a squirrel, or a ball.
3. They make excellent copilots. Whether you're running errands or just going to get the mail, Brittanys want to be near their people.
4. Nothing makes a Brittany happier than the smelly, great, smelly, wonderful, smelly, outdoors. Did we say smelly?
5. They're pretty much mind-readers. They’re happy when you’re happy and they're there to cheer you up when you’re sad.
6. Age is only a number. A Brittany is always down for a 10-mile hike—they simply require the view to improve.
7. Brittanys love to snuggle almost as much as they love to hunt.
8. If they didn't have those adorable pink noses, they'd be brown-nosers for sure. All it takes is a passing look of disapproval to snap your Brittany out of mischief.
9. Better not get too attached to your landscaping. Brittanys love to dig.
10. The quickest and surest way to a Brittany's heart is a good ear rub. That is a must.
A big thanks to Eleanor for inspiring this piece. You can see more of this pretty lady and her human, here.
More Like This: