The 2017 AKC Photo Contest began on April 15, 2017. Entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2018, and received no later than February 7, 2018.
Enter The Contest
Email your high-resolution photos to: email@example.com please include your name and the breed of the dog (if applicable).
- The contest is open to residents of the United States age 18 and over except employees of the American Kennel Club, AKC-affiliated organizations, and their immediate families. Each entry may be submitted only by the original photographer.
- Only previously unpublished photos may be entered. Each photographer may submit only one black-and-white and/or one color photo. Those who submit more than one color and/or one black-and-white photo will be disqualified.
- Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or transfer of a prize by a winner is permitted. All applicable federal, state, local, or other taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- No official dog show "win shots" will be accepted.
- All entrants represent and warrant that any material that he or she submits is original, has not been previously published or won an award, does not infringe upon the copyright or any other right or interest of any other person or organization, and that the entrant has not previously granted any rights to such material to any other person or organization, nor does any third party have any interest in such materials.
- All photos become the property of the American Kennel Club and will not be returned. Winning photos may be published in AKC Gazette and AKC Family Dog magazines and on the AKC web site at www.akc.org, as well as used in promotions of future AKC photo contests. Should any photo be republished for use other than described above at a later date, the photographer will be paid in accordance with the AKC standard photo fee schedule in effect at that time.
- Photographers are advised to keep a copy of each entry. The American Kennel Club will not be held responsible for any entry under any circumstances.
- Entries must be unmatted prints, from 5" x 7" (minimum) or high resolution digital photos. Color photocopies will not be accepted. Each entry must have the name, address, and phone number of the photographer, and the breed of dog(s), taped securely to the back. Entries received without this information will not be considered.
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- AKC shall have the right to disqualify any entries that it deems not to meet the criteria, or due to technical, legal, or other problems, as determined by AKC at its sole discretion. Judges appointed by the American Kennel Club will select the winners based on the quality of the photograph, composition, originality, and appeal. Judges’ decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this contest. Thew inners will be notified by mail, or phone, or e-mail. For a list of winners, available after April 1, 2018, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to AKC Photo Contest Winners, American Kennel Club, 260 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016. Requests must be received by June 1, 2018.
ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JANUARY 31, 2018
Send entries to:
AKC Publications Photo Contest
The American Kennel Club
260 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016
- First Place $500
- Second Place $250
- Third Place $150