Once you've seen a Black Russian Terrier, you're not likely to forget it. He's an imposing figure, standing as tall as 30 inches and weighing in at about 140 pounds. With his all-black coat, mustache and beard, he's a singular sight. Developed in the 1930s by the Russian military, Black Russian Terriers were bred to guard and protect as part of the security force. Today, these dogs are more likely to be loving and protecting their adored family. The only place he wants to be is where you are.
2. With proper training, the Black Russian Terrier is a calm, loving family dog, devoted to his people and always ready for a cuddle.
3. He wants to be with you all the time. He really, really wants to be with you. In fact, he may think he's a lap dog.
4. Bred for rough terrain in all sorts of weather, the BRT is always up for a romp outdoors.
5. Especially with you.
6. Black Russian Terriers are loving and patient with the kids in the family.
7. The puppies are adorable.
8. And grow up to be very, very big dogs!
9. Which is why training is so important.
10. You'll be rewarded with a majestic and devoted canine pal, who would literally go to the ends of the earth with you.