It's right there on the home page of the Miniature Bull Terrier Club of America's website: “Experience the joie de vivre of the Miniature Bull Terrier.” Few breeds have that “exuberant enjoyment of life” more than the Miniature Bull Terrier. As with his larger cousin the Bull Terrier, a word you'll often hear to describe this hearty, head-strong member of the Terrier Group is “clownish.” They're also stubborn, independent, and curious, so prospective owners need to make sure they're prepared to do a lot of socializing and training of this bold breed. But oh, that face makes it all worth it. With small, dark eyes and an egg-shaped head, it's almost impossible not to smile. Here are just a few ways Mini Bulls bring the laughs.
- They will put up with turtlenecks, tutus, and birthday hats. And be willing to pose in them, too.
- If you've had a bad day, they'll get in your face to say, “cheer up! You've got me.”
- Four words: Miniature Bull Terrier puppy.
Courtesy Debbie Guerrero
- They have a “what did I do?” attitude.
- They've always got their little eyes on you.
- They are epic, acrobatic nappers.
- They get into the holiday spirit.
- … and will be your little helpers.
- … even if they've been a little naughty this year.
- They remind you every day to experience the joie of life.
Photo top courtesy Irene Tatiana Morden (Bullistic Imaging)