Norwich Terriers are confident, affectionate, stubborn, and energetic. They are natural explorers and companions, willing to follow their person to the edge of the world or simply the edge of the couch.
They may be the smallest of the Terriers, but they pack an oversized personality. If you have one of these characters at home, you know these ten things to be true.
1. No, he’s not the Toto dog. Toto was a Cairn Terrier, thank you very much.
2. If they can reach it, they will climb it.
3. They may be little of body, but their souls disagree. They belong with the big dogs.
4. Yes, Norwich are the ones with the pricked ears, not the floppy ones. Maybe that’s why they’re better listeners than their Norfolk cousins… but we’re biased.
5. People often inquire if your Norwich is, in fact, a real dog and not a teddy bear.
6. Norwich are Velcro dogs. If you can’t find yours between your feet, he’s probably getting into trouble.
7. Oh, posture. Norwich can never get both their legs tucked under them correctly, but it’s adorable so we let them slouch.
8. They have major Terrier ‘tude and are known for giving the stink eye.
9. To say they’re mischievous is an understatement. Norwich are nosey, determined, and tireless when they commit to a cause. Best have a good toy around.
10. Norwich are confident, one-dog-welcome-wagons. They love people and other dogs and will be the first to the gate at the dog park to greet a newcomer.
A great breed for those who want a big dog, but only have the space for a little one, find out if the Norwich Terrier is right you, here.
Thanks to Sullivan for being the model and inspiration for this piece. Give him a follow on Instagram and catch his adventures in cuteness.
More Like This: