Winners Crowned at AKC National Agility Championship in Sunbury, Ohio
More than 1,000 of the Nation's Most Athletic Dogs Competed for Top Honors
Sunbury, OH – The winners of the 2007 AKC National Agility Championship have been announced. Held March 30-April 1 at the Eden Park Equestrian Complex, the event demonstrates the advanced training and teamwork that is possible between dog and handler. Dogs had to qualify at the highest levels of competition in order to compete.
Agility events allow dogs to demonstrate their athleticism and versatility by racing against the clock and overcoming a challenging course of different obstacles. Success requires proper training, as it is a sport of physical skill, control, patience and – most importantly – teamwork between handler and dog. There are six different height categories, so dogs compete fairly according to size.
Six agility dogs and their owners – one dog/handler team in each of the six height categories – were crowned at the event, which brought together more than 1,000 dogs from across the country.
Placing first in their height division (8", 12", 16", 20", 24" and 26" respectively) were:
- 8"- MACH4 Bomar's Beanie Baby “Phoebe” (Papillon)—Kimberly Sisak of Eden Prairie, MN
- 12"- MACH8 Blue Moon Shine on Willow “Willow” (Australian Shepherd)—Michelle Beardsley of Leesburg, VA
- 16"- MACH Luka De La Brise “Luka” (Pyrenean Shepherd)—Ashley Deacon of Redwood City, CA
- 20"- MACH Sagehill Happily Ever After “Smart As” (Border Collie)—Paulena Renee Hope of Woodstock, VA.
- MACH3 Wildfires Precious Metal “Sterling” (Border Collie)—Gerry Brown of Manor, TX
- 26"- MACH2 Jumpstart Maladjusted Jester “Jester” (Border Collie)—Daisy Peel of Oregon City, OR