If Dogs Could Talk: A Dog's Top Ten New Year's Resolution List
New Year's Eve traditionally is a time to reflect on our past, and more importantly, look forward to the changes we want to make in the coming year. In addition to your own New Year's resolutions, your dog might have a few of his own. The American Kennel Club® (AKC), the dog's champion, reflects on some resolutions your dog might be thinking about for 2010.
Top 10 Resolutions by Dogs include:
- Owner on floor, dog in bed.
- Stop begging and actually get a seat at the dinner table.
- Give up the dream of ever catching my tail.
- Bark like a big dog but still get cuddled on lap like a little dog.
- Get back at cat for litter box incident.
- Find every bone I ever buried.
- No more haircuts! (come fall, I can go as a Komondor for Halloween).
- Become alpha dog in my house. Well, at least stop letting the cat push me around.
- Invent goggles that allow me to see the electric fence.
- Finally pass that darn AKC Canine Good Citizen test.
Additional information on responsible dog ownership can be found on the American Kennel Club Web site at www.akc.org.