Dogs and Cats Come Together in Cyberspace at Meetthebreeds.com
Meet 200 Cat and Dog Breeds, Play Interactive Games, Declare Your Allegiance to Cats or Dogs, Download Virtual Bumper Stickers and Buy Tickets for the Event @ www.meetthebreeds.com
New York, NY – Attention all dog and cat lovers, the American Kennel Club® (AKC) and the Cat Fanciers’ Association® (CFA) – invite you to log on to www.meetthebreeds.com to learn more about dogs and cats.
The site is a comprehensive one-stop-shop for all things dog and cat, and is inspired by the upcoming Meet the Breeds™ event, the world’s largest showcase of cats and dogs. Sponsored by PetPartners, Inc. a leading pet healthcare provider, Meet the Breeds will be held October 17 & 18, 2009 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
In addition to event information, a special advance ticket offer ($10 for adults and $6 for children) and a list of vendors who will be selling unique dog and cat products, the site features the following entertaining features designed to educate pet lovers across the country:
- Meet the Dog and Cat Breeds – Get to know the 160 dog breeds and 41 cat breeds.
- Play the Meet the Breeds Game from ZooToo – Test your breed knowledge and compete for the top score. Each round asks you to choose the correct dog breed from three choices. The faster your response, the more points you earn.
- Declare your Pet Preference! – Are you a doggy devotee or a feline follower? Weigh in on this centuries-old debate by taking our definitive one–question survey and tell us why dogs or cats are your preferred pet.
- Download Virtual Stickers for your Social Media Pages – Share your love for Labs or Curls and 159 other dog breeds and 39 other cat breeds with all your online friends. Choose your favorite breed and download a virtual sticker to your Facebook or MySpace page, Web site or blog.
- Visit the Official Meet the Breeds Blog from AOL’s Paw Nation – Follow the latest news, learn about who will be attending and get in on all the behind-the-scenes action at the Meet the Breeds event.
- Meet the Breeders – Get to know some of the cat and dog breeders who will be available to answer your questions at Meet the Breeds and learn how to identify a responsible breeder.
"The Meet the Breeds Web site is such a great way for people to learn more about the cats and dogs that share our lives," said CFA President Pam DelaBar. "We are proud to work with the AKC to bring cat– and dog–related information together in one place – both online and at this great event."
"If you’re crazy for cats or passionate about pooches you cannot miss Meet the Breeds both online or in person," said AKC spokesperson Gina DiNardo. "Both meetthebreeds.com and the event itself present an entertaining way for friends and families to enjoy quality time together while learning how to become responsible pet owners."
From the Afghan Hound to the Turkish Angora, the Meet the Breeds event will showcase 160 AKC registered dog breeds and 41 CFA registered cat breeds in booths individually decorated to depict each breed’s country of origin, historical purpose/function, and attributes as a family pet. The family-friendly event is an opportunity for potential pet owners to interact with responsible breeders and play with dogs and cats while educating themselves about responsible pet ownership and choosing the right pet for their lifestyle.
The event will also feature dozens of vendors selling the most unique products for pets and their owners and will also include continuous demonstrations throughout the weekend. Attendees can watch dogs show off their Rally, Flyball, Frisbee and Earthdog skills and see dogs and cats (yes, cats!) race against the clock in the fast-paced sport of Agility.
Event hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both Saturday, October 17, and Sunday, October 18. Tickets allow admittance for one day and can be purchased at www.meetthebreeds.com.