American Kennel Club Seeks Fanciers for 2009 AKC Internship Program
The American Kennel Club® is seeking interns for summer 2009. Students will be selected for paid eight-week internships running June 1 – July 24, 2009 at either the New York headquarters or the Raleigh operations facility.
The AKC’s internship program aims to nurture the professional development of college students with a profound interest in purebred dogs. The program offers meaningful assignments that coincide with each student’s area of study, offering challenging work that will help to build each participant’s resume and complement his or her career goals.
"AKC’s summer internship program is a wonderful opportunity for everyone involved," said Vicki Rees, AKC’s AVP of Human Resources. "We get the chance to prepare qualified, enthusiastic interns for possible future careers with our company. And, the interns gain relevant work experience that complements their educational focus and love of purebred dogs."
- Be accepted or enrolled in an accredited four year or two year college
- Have completed their first year of college before beginning the internship
- Have a competitive grade point average
- Have past involvement or profound interest in the fancy
Our application package requires the following:
- AKC Application for the Summer Internship Program
- Cover Letter – including interest in the sport of purebred dogs and applicant’s thoughts on future employment with the AKC
- Copy of applicant’s current academic transcript
The application deadline is February 27, 2009. Applicants should mail the completed package to:
The American Kennel Club
The Intern Program
P.O. Box 900060
Raleigh, NC 27675-9060