American Kennel Club Seeks Fanciers For 2008 AKC Internship Program
New York, NY - The American Kennel Club® is seeking interns for summer 2008. Students will be selected for paid eight-week internships running June 2 – July 25, 2008 at either the New York headquarters or the Raleigh operations facility.
The AKC's internship program aims to nurture the professional development of college students with a profound interest in purebred dogs. The program offers meaningful assignments that coincide with each student’s area of study, offering challenging work that will help to build each participant’s resume and complement his or her career goals.
"AKC’s summer internship program is a great way to show today’s dog enthusiasts what our company has to offer," said Vicki Rees, AKC's AVP of Human Resources. "It's a win-win situation for everyone involved. We get the chance to prepare qualified, enthusiastic interns for possible future careers at AKC. In return, the students get relevant work experience that complements their educational focus and the opportunity to pursue their interest in purebred dogs. "
- Be accepted or enrolled in an accredited four year or two year college
- Have completed their first year of college before beginning the internship
- Have a competitive grade point average
- Have past involvement or profound interest in the fancy
Our application package requires the following:
- AKC Application for the Summer Internship Program
- Cover Letter - including interest in the sport of purebred dogs and applicant’s thoughts on future employment with the AKC
- Copy of applicant’s current academic transcript
The application deadline is February 15, 2008. Applicants should mail the completed package to:
The American Kennel Club
The Intern Program
P.O. Box 37905
Raleigh, NC 27627-7905