Thousands Of Dogs & Cats To Take A Bite Out Of The Big Apple On Nov. 19-20 At AKC Meet The Breeds
New York, NY - From cats in costume to a recreated scene from the Wizard of Oz, New York City will go to the dogs... and cats this November when the American Kennel Club® (AKC) returns to the Javits Center on November 19th & 20th to host the third annual AKC Meet the Breeds® event – the largest showcase of dogs and cats in the world. Special advance ticket offers are available online now at www.MeetTheBreeds.com.
Sponsored by PetPartners, Inc. a leading pet healthcare insurance provider, AKC Meet the Breeds will offer pet lovers the unique opportunity to see, touch and play with thousands of dogs and cats, including many breeds most people have only read about. This family-fun event is an opportunity for pet lovers to interact with responsible breeders while educating themselves about choosing and caring for the right pet for their lifestyle.
This year the AKC will join forces with The International Cat Association (TICA), the world's largest genetic registry of purebred cats, to showcase even more cat breeds. The event has also been expanded to 160,000 square feet of dog and cat festivities, including ongoing demonstrations featuring a Kitty CATure fashion show, Frisbee Disc Dogs, law enforcement K-9s, dog and cat agility, grooming and training advice, and more than 100 vendor booths selling every imaginable dog and cat item just in time for the holidays.
"From dreadlock-covered Komondor dogs to hairless Xolo puppies, AKC Meet the Breeds is a great opportunity for everyone to literally ‘meet' and learn more about the vast range of pets that share our lives," said AKC Meet the Breeds Spokesperson and AKC Assistant Vice President Gina DiNardo.
"Cat lovers will have their first chance to see the world's favorite breed of cat, the Bengal, and then get the chance to see kittens and cats of all different breeds compete for the fastest times in the cat agility ring," said TICA President Vickie Fisher.
Tickets are on sale now at www.MeetTheBreeds.com. Each ticket will offer access to:
- More than 210 dog and cat breed booths individually decorated that allow doggie devotees and feline fans to interact with dogs, cats, puppies and kittens and learn about their history and unique attributes directly from the experts.
- Top experts in every pet-related field including breeding, training, grooming, nutrition and first aid. Get to know some of the cat and dog specialists who will be available to answer your questions and help you identify the best breed for you.
- More than 100 vendors selling unique dog and cat items so you can spoil your favorite Fido or Fluffy. Every imaginable canine and feline product will be available just in time for your holiday shopping.
- Demonstration rings allow attendees to watch dogs race against the clock in the fast-paced sport of Agility, see dogs show off their Rally, Flyball, and Frisbee skills, observe simulated hunting tests and view law enforcement K9s in action.
- Games and giveaways at vendor booths including free samples and activities for kids.
View coverage of last year's AKC Meet the Breeds at http://www.akc.org/meet_the_breeds/photos.html.
Comment & Discuss
Enthusiastically agree? Respectfully beg to differ? Have your say here.