New York, NY — Highlights from the December 2005 meeting of the AKC® Board of Directors...
New York, NY — Highlights from the December 2005 meeting of the AKC® Board of Directors are as follows:
• The Dogue de Bordeaux was approved for competition in the Miscellaneous Class, effective July 1, 2006.
• The fee for Indefinite Listing Privilege is to be raised from $25 to $35, effective January 1, 2006.
• There were numerous amendments adopted to the Agility Regulations, including: the addition of a 26” Class and a new Preferred Class titling program, effective September 1, 2006; and a new Fifteen and Send Time (FAST) Class, effective January 1, 2007. The amendments are included in the December 2006 Board minutes.
• The Agility Match Regulations were amended to clarify the requirements for clubs wishing to hold Agility matches.
• The following policies were adopted:
Evening Specialties: Effective January 1, 2007, evening specialties of no more than fifty entries will be permitted following all-breed shows. Sweepstakes, special attractions or matches will not be approved in conjunction with evening events.
Same Day Specialty Shows: Effective January 1, 2007, two independent specialty shows of the same breed of no more than one hundred entries each, inclusive of sweepstakes, special attractions or matches, may be permitted at the same location on the same day.
• The following Delegates were approved:
• William H. Blair, Greenwich, CT, to represent Upper Suncoast Dog Training Club
• Pedro A. Cofino, Esq., Miami Beach, FL, to represent Greater Miami Dog Club
• Paullet De Long, Castro Valley, CA, to represent Sun Maid Kennel Club of Fresno
• Barbara M. Dille, White Plains, NY, to represent Saw Mill River Kennel Club
• Kathy A. Donovan, Norwalk, CT, to represent Standard Schnauzer Club of America
• Claudia Frank, Greenfield, OH, to represent Border Collie Society of America
• Pat Jacobs, Tucson, AZ, to represent Tucson Kennel Club
• Nalena A. Klaas, King George, VA, to represent Greater Fredericksburg Kennel Club
• Paulann S. Phelan, West Bend, WI, to represent Kettle Moraine Kennel Club
• Michele Ritter, Saylorsburg, PA, to represent Pocono Mountain Kennel Club
• Linda C. Wozniak, Chapel Hill, NC, to represent Durham Kennel Club