Highlights from the February 2005 meeting of the AKC Board of Directors are as follows: The...
Highlights from the February 2005 meeting of the AKC Board of Directors are as follows:
- The Board approved a range of penalties for individuals found guilty of aiding and abetting the circumvention of an AKC suspension.
- The AKC Policy on Clusters was revised so that any AKC events
held by more than one club, at one site, on consecutive days would fall within
the existing cluster policies. Formerly, only all-breed shows were considered
part of the cluster.
- The Boxer breed standard amendments published in the AKC Gazette
were approved effective March 30, 2005.
- Revisions were approved to the Coonhound regulations effective
April 1, 2005. The revised regulations are included in the minutes of the
February 2005 Board meeting.
- The Match regulations were amended effective June 1, 2005 to provide
for Rally Matches. The Obedience regulations were amended effective June
1, 2005 to provide for a walk through prior to the judging of the Novice
- A number of amendments were adopted to the agility regulations effective July 1, 2005. The changes concern the method for accepting entries, and they are included in the minutes for the February 2005 Board Meeting.
- The Board adopted revisions to its policies governing the filming of AKC events. They deal with AKC exposure and make consulting services available to clubs. The full revised policy is included in the minutes of the February 2005 Board Meeting.
The following Delegates were approved:
- Richard Blair, Abington, PA to represent Huntingdon Valley Kennel Club, Inc.
- Connie H. Clark, Rio Del Mar, CA to represent American Fox Terrier Club
- Carlotta Dennie, Staten Island, NY to represent Union County Kennel Club, Inc.
- Dr. Alan D. Dorfman, Livonia, MI to represent Oakland County Kennel Club
- Sherry Falk, Huntington, NY to represent Norwegian Elkhound Association of America, Inc.
- Peggy Ellis Gill, Carlisle, MA to represent Irish Terrier Club of America
- Charles E. Howard II, Damascus, MD to represent Affenpinscher Club of America
- Gwen M. McCullagh, Skillman, NJ to represent Huntington Kennel Club, Inc.
- Helyne E. Medeiros, Marston Mills, MA to represent Cape Cod Kennel Club, Inc.
- Aletta L. Moore, Carver, MN to represent Airedale Terrier Club of America
- Carole L. Richards, Collingswood, NJ to represent Gloucester Kennel Club
- John F. Russell, Jr., South Hampton, NH to represent Middle Tennessee Amateur Retriever Club
- Sandra Schmidt, Cincinnati, OH to represent Queen City Dog Training Club, Inc.
- Fr. Bryan Timby, Memphis, TN to represent Memphis Kennel Club, Inc.
- Marcy L. Zingler, Ringwood, NJ to represent Rubber City